Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Emotional detachment

A few great men have always insisted on detaching oneself emotionally from 
people, things and all other worldly affections in order to attain divinity. Somehow I always liked the idea and try to follow it. But these 3 men in my life are determined to kill that idea from my mind and soul.

The first one is my dad, the first hero of mine like all other daughters in the world. Once I got married, I thought, now its all just a hi and bye, I will be busy handling my new family and hence  I wont be thinking much about him and his part in my life will be minimal. But he just got it all wrong. Its true that I am now far away from him, meet him only once or twice in a year but I don't know why I feel 100 times much closer to him  than I was before marriage. Whenever he calls me up to share something happy or sad, I feel like I can hear his heart beat pounding. All this physical distance means nothing and he has attached himself to me much stronger than ever and its growing day by day and my topic of this blog was emotional detachment. Its weird. 

The second man in my life is of course my husband. I always proudly say to him that I am less emotional than you are, and thus I am a strong women not dependent on you for everything. This idea really helps my ego towards him !! Basically every wife has that ego with her husband of who is bigger in what. But the tricky part is, all these are just the superficial illusions. Now that he is flying over the Scandinavia( I just track his flight on map every now and then when he travels, that gives me a feeling of closeness !!) I feel incomplete. Probably he took something of mine when he left, its not the"dil" , that sounds funny, I am not being cinematic, but seriously I cant explain that sense of incompleteness when he is not with me. I just try to complete that with tracking the flight on map and opening his closet just to see his shirts,  and you know I was talking about emotional detachment !!! That's weirder.

Th third man I quoted is yet to become a man !! He is my 3 year old son Sai. Ever since he was born, he is my best pal. Whatever he wants, he just tells me and I get him. Whatever I want, I tell him, of course he doesn't understand those, but these days he  always comes up with "I will take care of you mommy "!! Yesterday he was just upset because he missed his daddy and asked me why always daddy goes to office so far away..? Its easy here in magarpatta ?? I was literally shocked realizing he remembers his dad's previous official trips too !! I always thought he doesn't know anything, doesn't remember anything. He proves me wrong now. He is now a boy, much wiser, much more lovelier. His slightest sadness literally melts my heart. When he cries out loud, I sense the walls of my soul ripping off !! He is the smallest yet he makes me the weakest. The weirdest of all. 

So the point is I should not have named my blog emotional detachment, it should be emotional attachment. Because who cares about the  great men and their sayings, its my life and I am happy this way. So instead of trying to be something I am not, its better to stay happy as what I am with the 3 men around me making my life much worthier with their unconditional love. 


No comments:

Post a Comment